Nursing Home Abuse
Health care for the elderly has drawn generally poor reviews from many sources. Until recently, the incentive for change rested solely upon an individual corporation’s ethics. The results have not always been encouraging.
At the Branch Law Firm® , our nursing home abuse attorneys are committed to protecting the rights of the elderly and their families. If you or someone you love has suffered from nursing home neglect or abuse, call the Branch Law Firm® today for a consultation with a New Mexico nursing home neglect lawyer. Protect the rights of your loved one. Get them the compensation they deserve.
Elder Abuse Facts
In our home state of New Mexico, a study has indicated the wide scope of abuse, which can range from physical, emotional, sexual and financial. In a report commissioned by New Mexico Rep. Tom Udall, it was found that over 80% of the nursing homes in New Mexico violated federal health and safety standards during recent state inspections. Almost 20% of these homes had a violation that caused actual harm to residents or placed them at risk of death or serious injury.
We find these numbers absolutely unacceptable. As litigators, we believe that we have personal responsibility to family, the elderly, and our society as a whole to seek maximum compensation for those injured as a result of nursing home abuse or neglect.
Signs of Abuse or Neglect
Do you believe that your loved one is suffering from negligent care in a nursing home? The following signs are often an indication:
- Persistent falls leading to fractures
- Decubitus ulcers, also known as bed sores or body sores
- Dehydration and malnutrition
- Sudden change in behavior
- Inappropriate medical and/or nursing treatments
- Unexplained bruises, welts, black eyes or broken bones
- Open wounds or lacerations
A nursing home should be monitoring the vitals of its patients. If you discover any of the above, contact the Branch Law Firm® right away. Our nursing home attorneys can assist you with your investigation and give you an accurate assessment of your case.
Contrary to the ideas of some, there are good nursing homes. However, allowing a person in the twilight of their lives to suffer personal injury or have their life cut unnaturally short is wrong. The Branch® Law Firm is committed to providing assisted living care facility and nursing home residents and their families' insight and assistance into the possibilities of legal recourse. Let our skilled nursing home lawyers get you the compensation you deserve.
- New Mexico Corporation Settles Nursing Home Negligence Case For $3.5 Million A recent news report indicates that a New Mexico Corporation, Sunbridge Health Court Corp., has reached a settlement in a nursing home negligence case ....
- New Mexico Nursing Home Abuse - Check In On Your Loved Ones This Holiday Season Last month a former nursing home caretaker - Anthony Joseph Garcia was sentenced to 5 ½ years in jail for beating a man in his care. A subsequent ....