Patients bringing medical malpractice claims face a daunting challenge. Medical malpractice litigation is highly complex and expensive, and selecting a skilled attorney to represent your claim is important in reaching a successful resolution.
At the Branch Law Firm® , our medical malpractice lawyers have both the knowledge to litigate these claims and the experience to help our clients through difficult times. Drawing on the combined experience of Turner W. Branch and Margaret Moses Branch, we can take these cases to a successful resolution. Call the Branch Law Firm® to speak with a medical error attorney.
Medical Malpractice Cases We Handle
Our medical negligence attorneys handle cases that involve:
- Surgical error. These usually fall under two basic categories. Either an incorrect part of the body is severed or cut, or a foreign object is left inside the body. These cases can also involve anesthesia malpractice or negligence in post-op care.
- Birth injury. Injuries during labor and delivery are often caused by obstetric malpractice. Examples include delay in emergency C-sections and inattention to the fetal heart monitor. A low oxygen level can cause brain damage, resulting in cerebral palsy, and complete oxygen deprivation can lead to death. Another C-section complication is Erb's palsy, which results a baby gets stuck behind the pubic bone. In an attempt to avoid a C-section, some OB-GYNs will force the baby through the birth canal, causing extensive damage to the nerves on top of the arm. An ectopic pregnancy, when untreated, can also be fatal.
- Emergency room errors. Death by hospital malpractice, such as misdiagnosis or triage mistake, if not fatal, can cause severe damage.
- Misdiagnosis of Cancer. The real tragedy of this medical error is that cancer, when caught early, is often survivable. However, if it's not diagnosed until it metastasizes, it is usually too late.
If you or a loved one has suffered injury as a result of the carelessness of a doctor, nurse or other health care practitioner, contact our malpractice attorneys for a free consultation. There are no attorney's fees until you recover.
- Medical Malpractice Reform Should Focus On Patient Safety Medical Malpractice reform has been receiving much attention recently with the introduction of H.R. 5, which seeks to impose national tort reforms ....
- Malpractice "Reforms" Unrelated To The Practice Of Defensive Medicine In direct contradiction to claims that medical malpractice caps are necessary on pain and suffering in order to reduce the costs of doctors practicing ....
- Grants Awarded To Study Medical Malpractice Last week the Department of Health and Human Services announced millions of dollars in grants to states to address medical malpractice. These grants ....