Albuquerque Dangerous Drugs Lawyer
Dangerous drugs are a huge problem in the U.S. The giant corporations that sell billions of dollars in pharmaceuticals each year and the doctors who prescribe them, need to be held accountable when a drug they produce or prescribe is unsafe and causes undue harm.
If you suffered an injury that was caused by a dangerous drug, contact the Branch Law Firm. We can discuss your legal options during a free consultation. Call (505) 243-3500 today or send us a message online.
Why Choose Our Albuquerque Dangerous Drug Lawyer?
- For more than 50 years, we have held negligent parties accountable for their actions that have resulted in injuries to our clients in New Mexico.
- We are not afraid to go to trial and will fight tirelessly on your behalf to ensure your case, and your rights are heard.
- We do not require any upfront payments from our clients, and our service is contingent on our ability to secure a recovery for you.
Why You Need a Dangerous Drug Lawyer
It can be very intimidating if you are considering suing a major corporation or a medical provider. While no one is above the law, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers will often employ a team of defense attorneys to minimize any possible payout. Navigating a dangerous drug case will require high-quality legal counsel that is aware of these tactics and is not afraid to confront them. Our Albuquerque injury lawyers can fully investigate your case, gather evidence, and give your case the attention that it requires for successful results.
Who is Liable for a Dangerous Drug?
There are numerous parties that may be responsible for your damages if you are seriously injured from a dangerous drug, including both medical providers and pharmaceutical companies. For example, depending on your case, a manufacturer, testing facility, pharmacy, doctor, or a medical facility may be liable for committing one of the following negligent acts:
- Lack of proper testing
- Defects in the manufacture of a drug or the means of administering the drug
- Failure to warn about dangerous side effects
- Prescription mistakes or errors
- Dispensing incorrect dosage
- Misleading marketing ploys
- Failure to obtain approval from FDA
A substantial investigation will often be required to determine the reason why a drug was dangerous and caused your injury. Victims are entitled to compensation for their related medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and more.
Drugs Known as Dangerous
The following are only a few of the many drugs that are known to be dangerous:
- Granuflo and Naturalyte: heart attacks and other health complications, sometimes resulting in death
- Invokana: amputations, diabetic ketoacidosis (too much acid in the blood) and kidney injury
- Lipitor: increased risk of diabetes in middle-aged and older women
- Zantac: cancer
- Xarelto: uncontrolled bleeding
- Zofran: birth defects
- Opioids: highly addictive and rising overdose deaths
- Talcum Powder: ovarian cancer and mesothelioma
- Uloric: increased risk of death
- YAZ, Yazmin or Ocella: blood clots
- Valsartan: various cancers
- Taxotere: permanent hair loss
Call Our Firm Today
If you have any questions regarding a dangerous drug injury and/or claim, call the Branch Law Firm today at (505) 243-3500. We can schedule a free consultation so you can speak with one of our highly skilled dangerous drug lawyers in Albuquerque.