Albuquerque Medical Misdiagnosis Lawyer
Patients in Albuquerque and throughout New Mexico who seek medical help, expect that their doctors and other healthcare professionals will determine what is causing their ailment. However, doctors can miss symptoms or misinterpret them, and the resulting error may result in extreme harm to the patient. A medical misdiagnosis in Albuquerque can cause significant injuries, from lifelong medical complications to wrongful death in the most extreme of cases. Our legal team is committed to supporting the victims of medical malpractice cases.
At the Branch Law Firm, our Albuquerque medical misdiagnosis lawyers will fight to hold negligent doctors accountable for their actions. Get in touch with us today so we can begin examining your medical records and assessing your individual case.
Why Choose Our Medical Misdiagnosis Lawyer?
- Our highly experienced Albuquerque medical malpractice lawyers take pride in helping residents of New Mexico seek justice and obtain fair compensation for inadequate medical care.
- We understand and empathize with the emotional and financial sacrifices required of families under these circumstances, which is why we don’t require any money upfront. Legal fees are only owed if you win.
- We will take the time to carefully and skillfully build your case, and will not back down against large insurance companies.
What is Medical Misdiagnosis?
Medical misdiagnosis is a common medical malpractice case that is attributed to neglectful behavior by a doctor when evaluating a patient’s health. When a health care provider or medical provider comes to the incorrect conclusion about a patient’s ailment, these mistakes can result in:
- Improper treatment
- Progression of a preexisting illness or disease
- Surgical errors
- Failure to perform appropriate tests
- Medication errors
- Incorrect medical treatment
These circumstances can have devastating effects on the victim’s life, especially those with a missed cancer diagnosis or another serious injury that requires prompt attention.
Why You Need an Albuquerque Medical Misdiagnosis Attorney
Medical misdiagnosis cases, along with most medical malpractice claims, are extremely difficult for patients to win. The insurance companies that defend doctors, hospitals, or other healthcare providers are willing to spend an unlimited amount of money on hiring teams of defense lawyers and expert witnesses to defeat a medical malpractice case. Two of the largest hurdles for patients to overcome are:
- Proving that a healthcare provider’s conduct amounted to medical negligence, since they often only have the doctor’s notes as evidence
- Convincing a jury the doctor was incorrect in their actions (or lack thereof)
Hiring a medical malpractice lawyer experienced in litigating medical misdiagnosis cases is critical to evening the playing field. These types of personal injury attorneys have the resources to hire their own qualified medical experts to testify in support of your case, if necessary. Our legal team helps the jury know how the doctor deviated from the appropriate standard of care and what should have been done in your situation to provide appropriate medical treatment.
What Types of Compensation Can I Receive in a Medical Misdiagnosis Claim?
Medical misdiagnosis victims in Albuquerque are entitled to the following types of compensation with a successful malpractice claim:
- Medical expenses
- Costs for transportation to and from doctor appointments or an emergency room
- Equipment or prescription medication expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life
- Life expectancy reduction
- Funeral and burial costs in cases of wrongful death
How much you will receive depends on the circumstances specific to your medical malpractice claim. An insurer or jury will typically consider how the misdiagnosis has impacted your quality of life, changes to life expectancy, the pain and suffering you have endured, the length of recovery time added to your existing recovery, and the nature or severity of the illness you are or were experiencing.
Contact the Branch Law Firm
For more than 50 years, our legal team has protected the interests of injury victims. If you or a loved one’s life has been impacted by a medical misdiagnosis in Albuquerque, contact us for a free consultation. Call (505) 243-3500, or fill out our contact form online.