Albuquerque Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer
Commercial vehicles play a vital role in the economy, but when they are involved in an accident, the resulting damage can be severe or even fatal. The Branch Law Firm protects the financial future of victims injured in commercial vehicle accidents. Contact us today if you or someone you love has suffered serious injuries in a crash caused by a commercial vehicle. Schedule a free consultation by calling (505) 243-3500 or sending us a message online.
Why Choose Our Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer?
- We care for our clients, providing compassionate and respectful legal representation.
- With over 50 years of experience serving victims throughout New Mexico, we possess the skills and resources to secure a favorable outcome to your case.
- We will work tirelessly for your compensation, and will not charge you a dime if we don’t win.
What Is a Commercial Vehicle?
A vehicle is given commercial status when it is owned or operated by a company and to be used by employees or agents of that company. Their primary purpose is typically for the transportation of goods or persons for hire. There are many different types of commercial vehicles, including:
- Company cars
- Large trucks (semi-truck, 18-wheeler, tractor-trailer, tanker, etc.)
- Delivery vehicles
- For-hire passenger vehicles (limousines, taxi cabs)
- Ride-hailing vehicles
- Tow trucks
- Garbage trucks
What Will an Albuquerque Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer Do?
If you’ve been hit by a commercial vehicle, contacting a qualified commercial vehicle accident lawyer may be a necessary step toward protecting yourself and your family. Commercial insurance carriers typically have teams of attorneys ready to obtain evidence and protect the company from financial liability. Although they may act like your friend, they will try to pay out as little as possible on your claim. To ensure you receive the compensation you need to recover and rebuild your life, an Albuquerque car accident attorney will collect critical evidence in support of your case, will not back down against the insurance company, or settle for less than you deserve.
How Are Commercial Vehicle Accidents Different from Other Vehicle Accidents?
Accident claims that involve commercial vehicles are unlike those that involve personal vehicles. Insurance coverage requirements differ widely for commercial vehicles, and if a negligent driver is on duty when a collision occurs, the company might be considered at-fault in addition to the driver. You may need to pursue a claim(s) against:
- Driver of the commercial vehicle
- The driver’s employer
- Government entities
- Vehicle part manufacturers
- Leasing company owner
In general, companies are responsible for their employees’ actions while they are on the job. For example, they may be held liable for:
- Negligent supervision
- Negligent hiring practices
- Failure to verify proper licensing/certification
- Untrained or improperly trained drivers
- Failure to maintain vehicle
However, the driver may also be held accountable if a negligent act played a role in causing the crash.
Contact Us Today
If you have been injured in a commercial vehicle accident, please call the Branch Law firm at (505) 243-3500 for a free consultation.