Albuquerque Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Although they are exhilarating, motorcycle accidents can cause severe injuries due to riders’ lack of protection. Nearly 5,000 motorcyclists were killed in crashes throughout 2018. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident caused by the negligence of someone else, contact the Branch Law Firm. To schedule a free consultation with one of our Albuquerque personal injury attorneys, call (505) 243-3500 or message us online today.
Why Choose Our Albuquerque Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
- With more than 50 years of experience, you can trust our firm to protect your rights and provide you with the services that you need.
- Our trial experience enables us to fight your case in court if insurance companies and their adjusters will not settle for fair compensation.
- We are committed to helping injured victims, and their families rebuild their lives after a serious motorcycle accident, and will only charge legal fees if we win.
Why You Need a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Physical recovery from a serious motorcycle accident takes time and extensive medical care. Some injuries require long-term treatment and repeat surgeries. Accident compensation makes it possible for injury victims to obtain the medical care they need to heal. Insurance companies often refuse to pay fair compensation to injured riders, and adjusters have an incentive to delay, mislead, and wear down injury victims so that they will accept a smaller settlement than they deserve.
An Albuquerque motorcycle accident lawyer will have years of experience negotiating with insurance adjusters, and know when a settlement offer is unfairly low. They will ensure you have the evidence you need to hold the at-fault party responsible, so that you will receive justice and be fully compensated.
Common Causes and Injuries of Motorcycle Accidents in Albuquerque
The most common causes of Albuquerque motorcycle accidents are:
- Lane splitting (motorcycle sharing a lane with a vehicle, illegal in New Mexico)
- Dangerous road conditions
- Cars making left-hand turns, are responsible for almost half of all motorcycle accidents
- Riding while under the influence of alcohol or drugs (27% of riders involved in 2017’s fatal crashes were alcohol-impaired)
- Blind lane changes
- Inexperienced riders (29% of riders in 2017’s fatal crashes did not have valid motorcycle licenses)
The injuries caused by motorcycle accidents can be catastrophic. Victims often suffer brain injuries, road rash, muscle damage, bone fractures, nerve damage, spinal cord injuries, and in the most severe cases, a loss of life.
What Types of Compensation Can I Recover after a Motorcycle Accident?
Compensation after a motorcycle accident is meant to restore the victim, or make the person “whole” again after the crash. There are many types of compensation available to help with this, including:
- Medical Expenses: current and future medical costs
- Lost Wages: current and future lost income while recovering
- Disability: Victims deserve compensation to accommodate any disability (such as paralysis) that they suffer as a result of a motorcycle accident.
- Property Damage: A crash will often destroy a motorcycle.
- Pain and Suffering: compensation for physical and mental pain, including emotional distress
- Loss of Consortium: compensation for a spouse’s loss of companionship and affection
- Wrongful Death: Tragically, many motorcycle accident victims don’t survive. Surviving family members can pursue a claim for compensation when another driver is at fault.
Speak to an Experienced Albuquerque Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you or someone you love has been harmed in a motorcycle accident, contact the Branch Law Firm. We will protect your rights and demand the full and fair compensation that you deserve. Call (505) 243-3500 to schedule your free consultation today.