Delivery trucks are such a common sight around most areas that you probably do not even think twice about driving near them. However, what happens if you end up involved in an accident with a delivery vehicle?
Major online retailers, such as Amazon, eBay, Walmart, and many others, have exploded in popularity. This has significantly increased the number of delivery vehicles on the roadway. At the Branch Law Firm, we are here to help if you need a delivery truck accident attorney in New Mexico. Let us help you recover compensation for your losses.
Why Choose the Branch Law Firm for Help?
- At the Branch Law Firm, we have a track record of success helping injury victims for more than four decades.
- We firmly believe in providing one-on-one service with every client that we assist, which means every client remains in constant contact with their attorney.
- We proudly handle delivery truck accident claims in New Mexico on a contingency fee basis. This means that clients pay no legal fees until after we successfully recover the compensation they are entitled to.
Who is Liable for a Delivery Truck Accident?
Delivery truck accidents have various causes. Often, the cause of these incidents is pinpointed on either driver error or mistakes made by the company that owns the truck. We have to be careful when we talk about the truck owners because often, the delivery companies do not directly own the trucks that deliver their packages. Major online retailers like Amazon, eBay, Walmart, and others use independent contractors to deliver their packages (or even the US Postal Service). Often, packages go through multiple delivery services before they reach their final destination.
Liability for a New Mexico delivery truck accident could fall to a driver if they are an independent owner-operator or a trucking company if the driver works as an employee. In some cases, delivery drivers may be a direct employee of the actual company a person purchases items from, though this is not common.
Aside from a driver, truck company, or delivery company, there may be other parties that could be liable for these incidents. This can include any third party that loads the vehicle as well as maintenance companies or companies that manufactured the truck or parts for the truck.
Compensation Available After a Delivery Truck Accident in New Mexico
Delivery truck accident victims in New Mexico may be able to recover various types of compensation for their losses. At the Branch Law Firm, our goal is to ensure clients recover both economic and non-economic damages so they can move forward with their lives. This includes:
- Coverage of any medical bills related to the delivery truck accident
- Lost income if a victim is unable to work while they recover
- Property damage expenses
- Rental vehicle assistance
- Payment for household service assistance
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering damages
Call a New Mexico Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a delivery truck accident in New Mexico, reach out to the team at the Branch Law Firm for help as soon as possible. We have the resources necessary to help investigate these complex truck accident claims, and we know what it takes to fully represent you in court to help recover compensation. When you need a New Mexico delivery truck accident attorney, you can reach out to us for a free consultation of your claim by filling out our contact form or calling (800) 828-4529.